The American School District Panel (ASDP) has released a brief about the complexity of the last two years. The panel is a nationally representative standing survey panel of public school leaders and includes more than 950 public school districts and charter management organizations. It was created to ensure that decisions about education policy are informed by the leaders takes putting it into practice. ASDP has contributed to four surveys, six case studies, and a webinar about navigating the COVID landscape and planning for pandemic recovery.
The report identifies these top five takeaways:
- Parents don’t want to return to the status quo
- Districts need partners to help them meet the growing range of student needs.
- Sustainable services that supplement district efforts can mitigate the funding cliff
- Big bets at the state level could yield big dividends
- Districts need support—and guardrails—on virtual schools and online learning.
Click here to read the full brief.