The American Healthcare Documentation Professionals Group (AHDPG), a leader in healthcare training, certification, and services, is thrilled to announce the launch of our latest offering: Medical Scribe Training Program Approval. The goal of this program is to elevate the level of scribe training available and become an industry benchmark to ensure prospective students and healthcare employers that graduates from approved programs are well trained and job-ready candidates. This program is open to schools, community colleges, healthcare organizations, and scribe management companies who train individuals in the art of medical scribing.
“Medical Scribes are tomorrow’s Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and healthcare team members. Providing a launching pad available to anyone interested in a career in healthcare is the first step in a lifetime journey,” says Peter Reilly, President, and CEO of AHDPG. “In our collaboration with the Morehouse School of Medicine, MedCerts, and Augusta Technical College we share this vision and have each developed programs to best support students moving forward.”
“At MedCerts, we are passionate about creating opportunities for everyone to pursue a better future and a fulfilling career,” says Dana Janssen, Chief Product Officer at MedCerts. “We are proud to expand our partnership with AHDPG, as we look to unlock the potential of more students who want to make a difference in their careers and in their communities.”
Criteria for Approval
To achieve approval, programs must comply with specific educational and institutional criteria as established by the Medical Scribe Education Review Board (MSERB). AHDPG’s Medical Scribe Education Review Board (MSERB) evaluates programs that have voluntarily opted to submit their program and curriculum for approval and determines whether such programs comply with program requirements. The MSERB is an independent peer review board consisting of industry professionals, executives, and current scribe practitioners and has the authority to manage the approval program according to its own set of policies and procedures.
To be considered for program approval, each program must:
1. Comprehensive Curriculum
- Include a set of core competencies necessary to train and develop competently trained medical scribes to thrive in today’s healthcare marketplace and successfully lead candidates to becoming Certified Medical Scribe Professionals (CMSPs).
2. Expert Faculty
- Be led by individuals with sufficient subject matter expertise and experience sufficient to mentor, monitor, and develop competently trained medical scribes.
3. Hands-On Experience
- Include an element of hands-on instruction and/or simulations allowing students to practice real-life scenarios they will encounter as medical scribes.
4. Industry Partnerships
- Have established strong partnerships with leading healthcare facilities and industry experts to ensure the program aligns with the latest industry standards and practices.
5. Sound Financial Resources
- Demonstrate solid financial footing and have clear policies and procedures in place to support student success.
AHDPG-approved educational programs may display the approved program logo to denote their approval status and must adhere to certain advertising guidelines to maintain approval status.
Source: PR Newswire